Group Sales Intern
|Title:||Group Sales Intern|
DescriptionWorking within the Group Sales Department the Group Sales Intern is responsible for supporting and implementing designated Group Sales programs that are assigned to them for capturing new or repeat business for Darien Lake.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist group sales team members with execution of assigned programs.
- Support sales activities (cold calls, emailblasts, etc.) for new prospects and record valuable customer information (contact name, phone#, email, etc.)
- Put together sales collateral or other communication pieces needed for specific sales program.
- Implement phone or mass mailing campaigns to develop new customer opportunities for the park.
- Reports to the Business Development Manager
- Currently attending a local college or university in a Business Management or Business Related Major.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional appearance.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work and think independently, while also collaborating effectively with the team.
- Sales capabilities to speak with customers effectively and overcome objections/issues in an effective manner.
- Ability to work 15-20 hours weekly on a Monday-Friday timeframe during normal business hours of 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Valid Driver’s license and insurance required.
Darien Lake partners with educational institutions to provide students with the opportunity to gain hands on experience in his/her career field. The internship format allows the intern to individualize their program to create a beneficial learning experience, as well as assist the Darien Lake team in completing important tasks and projects, while building strength in its seasonal leadership team.
- Spring: February through May
- Summer: May/June through August/September
- Fall: September through November
All Internships are PAID internships; compensation depends on scope of individual internship.
On-site housing is available. Please contact Human Resources for a sample lease agreement and rates.
Some internships have specific educational prerequisites. Therefore it is important that you furnish complete all information requested in the application for employment.
The internship requires a minimum of a 12 week session. (Exceptions must be approved by the department head and Human Resources.)
Interns are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Interns are required to dress in a professional manner or the uniform of the area they are working.
Interns are considered employees and therefore are required to adhere to the policies and procedures of Darien Lake.
Unsuitable performance or behavior is a reason for immediate termination of an internship.
- Required paperwork
- Final Presentation and Evaluation
- Internship Program Evaluation
Interns are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Interns are expected to take responsibility of the position that they have assigned, always remembering that they represent Darien Lake with every person with whom they interact.
Interns are expected to seek the assistance of the internship supervisor and/or the Human Resources Manager if conflicts should arise, so issues may be addressed immediately.
Interns are expected to take the initiative to seek opportunities to learn and expand their knowledge and experience their field.
Interns are expected to exhibit and attitude supportive of Darien Lake goals.
Intern Selection Process:
- Submit a cover letter, resume, application and one letter of reference to Human Resources via the web at darienlake.com/jobs.
- All applications will be reviewed in accordance with established employment procedures and candidates will be selected for the interview process if qualifications are met.
- A personal interview will be conducted by the hiring supervisor and Department Head.
4. The selected candidates will be notified by phone. Candidates not selected will be notified via email.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications