Manager - Food Service (EX)
|Title:||Manager - Food Service (EX)|
|Department:||Food & Beverage|
DescriptionJOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the overall operation of the Food Service division within the Revenue Department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, assigns, trains and reviews the daily work of the food and beverage staff, takes appropriate action as it relates to job performance including but not limited to staff development and training, conducting performance appraisal reviews, facilitates disciplinary actions as necessary and assures a positive work environment for employees.
- Reviews all operating policies and procedures on a continuous basis to ensure safety, efficiency and guest satisfaction
- Determines staffing levels for each food and beverage venue based on season, ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained through forecasting and planning; actively participate in recruitment/retention process and communicates any staffing needs to the Director of Revenue and Human Resources
- Develops and implements leadership training programs for assigned staff (e.g. full-time, seasonal) both pre-hire and post hire.
- Prepares labor and expense budgets while forecasting departmental needs
- Interprets and enforces all park and corporate policies as set forth by Darien Lake and HFE
- Coordinates all training programs. Ensures that training has a positive impact on food quality, guest service and sanitation
- Develops or assists with the development of Standard Operating Procedures throughout the food division
- Audits and ensures proper food preparation and handling procedures to comply with the Health Department
- Continually strives for quality service and guest satisfaction. Follows up on all complaints regarding staff member rudeness or careless work practices.
- Maintains positive working relationships within the department, with all other departments, and outside entities
- Works with vendors on new products and pricing
- Coordinates product needs with Purchasing & Logistics Manager and attends to any issues related to delivery and/ or quality
- Works with Loss Prevention to develop ways to deter theft
- Monitors food costs and develops menu items to achieve budgeted goals
- Monitors food equipment and ensures proper operation and maintenance and cleanliness
- Assists in long term planning of locations throughout the food service division to maximize revenue
- Continuously strives for excellence in the guest experience, team member experience, and food quality
- Continuously develops ideas on how to make Darien Lake the preferred employer in the area
- Acts as Manager On Duty as assigned
- Practices safety methods, and techniques to ensure work areas are safe. Eliminate unsafe physical conditions, equipment, and machine hazards, and other risks in human and operational performance which may cause injury to persons, damage to property, or cause other losses.
- Minimum of five years with relevant supervisory experience
- A college degree in Hospitality or Business Management preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong administrative skills including organization, budget control, scheduling and computer literacy
- Serve-Safe certification preferred
- Excellent motivational and team building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations
- Ability to positively relate to guests and team members while sometimes resolving problems
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and a 6 day work week when required
- Possess a valid NYS driver’s license
Any and all other duties that is assigned or necessary in order to support the Revenue Department and the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments) dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 60 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two wheel hand truck
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DARIEN LAKE THEME PARK IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications