Food Service Unit Lead
|Title:||Food Service Unit Lead|
|Department:||Food & Beverage|
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Unit Lead
Wage Category: Seasonal
Reports to: Area Lead
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for all aspects of daily operation of their assigned stand.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the highest standards of quality in product and guest service on a consistent basis and instilling such standards in all employees.
- Oversee food production within the location to maintain quality and appropriate quantities
- Ensure location opening/closing procedures are followed
- Work to resolve any guest problems that may occur, communicate any issues to area lead
- Keeping assigned production and service areas sanitary and organized.
- Weekly product and serving area preparation.
- Turn in daily orders/transfers and bi-weekly inventory/waste tracking to Warehouse
- Ensure proper sanitation/food handling procedures are utilized
- Ensure proper portioning & food rotation within units
- Communicate daily park events
- Ensure team members know how to properly ring up transactions
- Train team members on proper procedures in safety and guest service
- Know and enforce all Federal and State Labor Laws including ensuring breaks are scheduled.
- Track employee behavior / job performance.
- Responsible for making sure all team members comply with the company values and are completing our mission of “creating memories worth repeating.”
- Assist in closing drawers at the end of a shift, work to resolve any over/short issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum age is 16
- Guest focused
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Team player
- Organized and detail oriented
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Must be available to work all shifts whether they are morning, afternoon, or evening hours.
- Must at least be in pursuit of high school diploma/GED
- Maintain proper equipment and food safety in-park certifications
Any and all other duties that is assigned or necessary in order to support the Revenue Department and the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments) dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires frequent kneeling and bending
- Requires frequent walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires frequent lifts and carries up to 60 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two wheel hand truck
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position requires occasional work in or around wetness, confined spaces-cramped quarters, heights, noise, detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations. The noise level is generally moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DARIEN LAKE THEME PARK RESORT IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications