Maintenance- Rides Mechanic/Ind Plant Maint (YR)
|Title:||Maintenance- Rides Mechanic/Ind Plant Maint (YR)|
|Job Type:||Year Round|
Description***We are currently recruiting Ride Maintenance Technicians for future openings.***
Job Summary: Must have advanced knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: mechanics, gear reduction, pneumatics, hydraulics and electricity. Must have the ability to use those skills to insure the safe operation of rides and attractions. Must be able to read, understand and implement maintenance and inspection procedures.
Reports To: Rides Maintenance Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, erect, inspect, troubleshoot and repair rides and attractions to insure their safe and efficient operation with minimum supervision.
- To keep a ride parts inventory and notify the supervisor and Lead Mechanics of any parts or materials necessary to insure safe, continuous operation.
- To direct, advise and/or work in conjunction with other staff solving ride-related problems.
- To insure that the ride is clean, mechanically and visually in compliance with manufacturers specifications, guests and Darien Lake expectations.
- To insure that manufacturer specifications and state regulations are complied with and documented.
- To promptly notify the Rides Lead Mechanic, Ride Maintenance Supervisor and/or Ride Maintenance Manager of any hazards that may endanger the general public or Darien Lake staff.
- Keep all records up to date and current in an accessible, organized fashion. (i.e. Logbooks, Inspection Forms, etc.)
- Operate within the policies and procedures of Darien Lake.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Rides Lead Mechanic, Ride Maintenance Supervisor or Ride Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain good Housekeeping standards in area of responsibility.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs repeatedly, work outside in the elements, lift 50# without injury. If prosthesis is needed to meet these requirements, it must be used while on duty.
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision. Corrective lenses, if required, must be worn on duty.
- Possess normal or average corrected hearing (defined as 25 decibels or better in the frequency range of 500hz-4000hz considered normal speech frequency range). If corrective device is worn, it must be worn while on duty.
- Possess the ability to work at heights above 208’ above grade.
- Be able to read, write and implement maintenance and inspection procedures.
- Must possess own hand tools.
- New York State Driver’s License Required.
- Must be able to fulfill requirements for and obtain a Darien Lake Driver’s License.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and /or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is generally moderate to high.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DARIEN LAKE THEME PARK IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications