DescriptionJOB PURPOSE: The Recruiter is responsible for the Full Cycle recruitment process to include relationship building with local education institutions and special interest groups, job posting, applicant tracking, short-listing candidates, interviewing, assessing, and referring applicants for operations, administrative, technical and leadership positions throughout Darien Lake. Requires considerable skill in interviewing techniques, conducting outreach activities and building candidate pools; and assisting with orientation and employment relations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with departments to assess staffing needs and participate with HR Director in hiring and selection strategy
- Build pool of qualified candidates for all positions at Darien Lake using a variety of resources and
- Conduct outreach activities with local educational institutions
- Utilize applicant tracking system, analyze applicant information and determine suitability for employment. Promptly and tactfully respond to all candidates
- Prescreen candidates for all positions; assist in scheduling and conducting interviews as needed
- Process incoming staff and complete required government and company forms
- Conduct orientation and handle special groups including but not limited to International Students
- General office duties in support of a small team may be required including answering telephones, taking messages, copying, filing, and faxing as needed
- Participate in analysis and provide constructive feedback regarding full employee cycle and trends impacting staffing
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMNETS
- Associates degree required, Bachelors or higher preferred
- 5 years recruitment experience may be accepted in lieu of education requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Human Resources position with specific focus on staffing activities
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- General knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions within Darien lake and a basic understanding of Darien Lake’s organizational structure, is highly regarded.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and occasional overtime.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance required.
- Responsible for up to two seasonal employees.
Any and all other duties that are assigned or necessary in order to support the Human Resources Department and the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments) dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 30 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 60 pounds with the assistance of a two wheel hand truck
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position requires occasional work in or around wetness, confined spaces-cramped quarters, heights, noise, detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations. The noise level is generally moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DARIEN LAKE THEME PARK RESORT IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE